Yay, finally, a journal all about trans stuff!! Woot woot.
Lets see, lots of stuff has happened with me and my genderqueer self...
1) I'm sorta like the trans-ambassador for one of my classes at college. I had come out to my professor because she's really awesome and came out to the class (as one of the following: LGBTQQIA), so I stayed after class and told her. Anyway, the next class, we were talking about transgenderism and awesome stuff like that and I started to explain about some trans* people take hormones and have surgery, some just have surgery, some just take hormones, some don't do hormones or surgery, but they're all still trans. So then other students started to ask the professor the difference between 'transgender' and 'transsexual' and then the professor looked at me and said, "Do you want to explain? You probably know more about this than I do." I was so happy.
2) I like male pronouns to be used for me. All the 'her' and 'she'...I get enough of that shit in real life. So on the computer, the least of what you can do is to use male pronouns for me. Someone unnamed (but not on the Oasis site) called me her/him yesterday. I wanted to tell the guy to fuck off, but I kept my cool instead.
3) I have a project to do for one of my courses, where we have to temporarily alter our bodies for 5 consecutive days...its supposed to, at the end, give us another lens into ourselves in terms of gender and sexuality. So I decided to present as both extremely "masculine" and extremely "feminine" at the same time, all 5 days. It starts today.
4) For the project (see number three), my mom let me buy two shirts and they're guys shirts. Big and loose. I'm so excited to wear them with my binder!!
5) Since its for a project (see number three/four), my mom is fine with it...though she wasn't at first. Today I'm wearing "guy" clothes, two bracelets, a beaded orange/pink necklace, a rainbow (!!) ring, and some makeup. I'm wearing these long shorts and a little lower than my waist (with some white shorts underneath). The white shorts are hiked up farther than my shorts so that it looks like the top of boxers :) :D
6) I told my mom that I wanted to document the project. By taking photographs of myself in the outfit (is that the right word?) every day I do this. So, she took the picture today. It was funny because I was trying to figure out how to pose for the picture and so I crossed my legs at the knees and my mom almost immediately said to sit with my legs wide apart because I never do that (cross my legs like that) and so its unnatural. YES.
7) I've been dysphoric quite a bit lately about my chest. I just wish these...things...didn't exist on me.