It's been a thought I've had for awhile. It seems like something I could be a part of plus it makes clear sense to me. Of course here I am associated with no religion other than basic Bible tied faith. It has dawned on me that I've found the thing I'd like to be a part of. I don't know how everyone would handle it though.
What I'm saying is that I'm getting into a new religion, Islam. It's sad there's much controversy over this religion... but then again which doesn't? The only way this is unfortunate for me is that I need to unbrainwash some people of their preconceived ideas of what Islam is. Not that I'm going to do that here.
My mother and father might be a little taken aback by this. That's a big part of it. Another big part is having to teach myself most of the stuff I need to learn in order to be a practicing Muslim. Unfortunately The Internet is my only source of study on Islam. Although this could be changed by asking this certain person and asking him about it. Although that would seem so rude of me.
So far I know (very basic);
1. Allah is a name for "GOD" that even Middle eastern Christians use.
2. Jesus or Isa (peace be upon him) is believed to be the Messiah.
3. Muslims follow The Holy Bible and The Holy Qur'an.
4. The prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was a leader who The Angel Gabriel revealed the Qur'an to.
5. Islam is an "Abrahamic faith" along with Judaism and Christianity.
I'll post more as time goes on in my study of this religion. ;-) If you have any questions or comments feel free to post. Bye, bye bacon...