Things about me, in no particular order:
1) I haven't journaled on Oasis for a while, but I still linger and read and comment.
2) It's funny, because several journal-worthy things have happened in my life lately. But I wrote them in my notebook instead. See #3.
3) I keep notebooks. Not journals or diaries, notebooks. Marble notebooks. They're for journal entry-type things about stuff that happens to me whenever I need to put my thoughts on paper to sort them out, and for random writing inspirations, and for just plain writing. I carry my notebook (new one each year) everywhere I can manage, and by the end of the school year the pages are invariably falling out of the covers. I have my friends sign the inside of the covers at the end of the year. The notebooks are sorta sacred to me, and I'll be really depressed if I ever have a notebook that doesn't fall apart.
4) I'm a techie. I <3 it. I hang lights and everything.
5) I'm reasonably smart. I also like to seem smarter than other people.
6) I just joined a band. It's called Bear Cavalry. (Or possibly Bear Cavalryy or Bear Cavyalry. Heh heh...)
7) I play piano/keyboard. I actually improvise pretty damn well, and I've only really ever had two years of piano lessons in 3rd & 4th grade. Then I quit, picked up piano a year or two ago teaching myself.
8) I listen to really geeky music: classical, choral, showtunes.
9) I write classical and choral music, as well as music for my friends' lyrics.
10) Music is my life.
11) I taught myself chord-style acoustic guitar. I haven't picked up my guitar in ages.
12) I named both my guitars. I didn't name my piano. I just call it 'my baby.'
13) 13 was my lucky number, when I had a lucky number.
14) 14 was my other lucky number. There were 14 stairs per staircase in my elementary school, and I used to always count stairs, and it'd make me happy to see straircases that had 14 stairs.
15) I'm a slob. I hate putting away clothes, organising things, etc., but about twice a year I get suddenly inspired and clean my room. In fact, that's what I should be doing now. Aaaay.
16) I'm slightly superstitious. I used to knock on wood, and I'm trying to break myself of it (now I knock on wood in my head).
17) My comforter is fluffy and warm and I love it.
18) My least favorite color is orange, closely followed by pink. Both are garish and offensive and just plain annoying.
19) I always second-guess my own emotions, and it's really hard for me to tell if I have a crush on someone.
20) I thought I got pre-menstrual headaches, but apparently I don't. But my boobs do get tender.
21) I hate cramps. ARGH.
22) I'm a very open person. There are few embarassing subjects I won't discuss.
23) I've taught friends about masturbation.
24) Yay for masturbation! Yeah, I do it far too much..........
25) I used to take baths instead of showers. Then I overflowed my bath two weeks in a row, and since then I've taken mostly showers.
26) I love my hair when it behaves. It doesn't very often. I'm getting split ends, I should get a haircut.
27) I used to play soccer. But there's no league at the moment, and I got lazy.
28) I get hardly any physical activity anymore. I'm either doing schoolwork or resting from schoolwork. I sit on my ass in front of the computer all day.
29) I LOVE SUSPENDED CHORDS!!!!!!
30) I'm an alto and fucking proud. When I write choral music, I always try to give basses good parts and altos the melody.
31) I wrote a few movements of a requiem mass.
32) I've written about 12 chapters of a novel.
33) I write.
34) I like to think that I write well. Some writing I've done I know is really good, and I'm proud of it. Other stuff of mine I hate.
35) I won three Scholasic regional gold key awards in 8th grade, and a silver and a gold national. I didn't get any this year.
36) I wonder if I'm becoming a worse writer. I haven't written very much of anything in a while.
37) I'm bad at rewriting.
38) I prefer writing third person past tense from the "POV" (sorta, b/c it's 3rd person) of a single character.
39) Sometimes it seems that all my stories have the same plot.
40) I love and need feedback.
41) I'm very insecure, and often watch people very carefully for signs that they don't want to be around me so I don't force my company on others.
42) There are rainbows on my doorframe and windowframe.
43) I was in my school GSA for a few weeks in 7th grade, then I quit so "people wouldn't think I was gay." XDD
44) I'm president of my school improv club. I <3 improv.
45) I like theater and acting and performing. Or, musical theater specifically. I'm insecure about my acting ability. I've never heard from an objective source whether or not I can act, and I've never had a chance to do real serious acting.
46) I consider myself very artsy, but I can also be a science nerd. I abhore science fair, but I do sorta like doing experiments. Going around in lab goggles and an apron and gloves, and knowing a buncha terms and knowing how to use all the equipment... makes me feel special ^^
47) My mom's an editor. So am I, now. I cry inside at badly written stuff. I add commas in my head. I always try to spell/punctuate right. Even when I'm typing all lowercase (like I do on facebook/IM), I always use appostrophes. I judge people when they write badly.
48) My least favorite subject at school is global studies.
49) I don't actually like art (as in, art the subject, with the paintings etc.)
50) To end on a high note: BUFFY THE VAMPRIRE SLAYER MUSICAL SINGALONG BIG SCREEN TOMORROW W00TW00T!!!!
I'll write more later... I haven't even gotten to social/romantic ones yet... I hope this list was entertaining. See you all on the flipside.
(51. I refuse to say "y'all." I think it makes me sound like a southerner/republican/idiot/my global teacher from last year who I HATE!!!)