I'd like to start a thread for features that users here would suggest be added to a future version of Oasis or Drupal.
Here are some ideas of my own:
- 'Sticky' topics, that always stay at the 'top' of the thread-listings, so that questions that get asked over and over again (where is your screen name from, where do you live, what do you look like, etc.) will only have one thread.
- A forums/thread search box, so that less common, but still repeatedly posted, topics can be searched for without having to go do a Google search on Oasis.
- Splitting the forums up into more categories. I know that this can lead to hair-splitting and fracturing, but a few more of the right ones could still be a good idea.
- Chat rooms.
- The ability to have a kill file or score file to avoid people or subjects we're tired of.
- The ability to edit the starting posts of threads.
- Having frequent users who have proven themselves to be reasonable and dedicated to the well-being of Oasis be Moderators, with the ability to do things like merge redundant threads, move journal entries to the front-page, delete/edit threads and posts, move threads, and the like.
- Personals, maybe? I'm not 100% sure I's want that sort of thing on a newbie-/questioning-friendly web-site like Oasis, but it's a thought.
- Edit the 'back issues' part of Oasis so that it looks like the rest of the site.